The Sicav funds complete the existing full range of Oeic funds already available to investors in Belgium.
Campbell Fleming, Threadneedle’s head of distribution said: “We are therefore pleased to open up our range of Sicav funds to Belgian investors complementing our existing Oeic products and providing them with further opportunities to benefit from our active management approach.”
The Threadneedle funds newly registered in Belgium are:
- Threadneedle (Lux) Enhanced Commodities – a long-only commodities fund.
- Threadneedle (Lux) Global Opportunities Bond– a fund that invests in the best ideas generated by Threadneedle’s 43-strong fixed income team, which covers developed and emerging market government bonds, investment grade and high yield corporate bonds, asset backed securities, currencies and fixed income derivatives.
- Threadneedle (Lux) American Absolute Alpha– a long/short fund invested in North American equities and North American equity related derivative instruments.
- Threadneedle (Lux) US Contrarian Core – a fund which seeks out of favour US income and growth stocks with upside potential.
- Threadneedle (Lux) European Absolute Alpha – a long/short fund invested in European equities and European equity related derivative instruments.
- Threadneedle (Lux) European Smaller Companies Absolute Alpha – a long/short fund managed by Philip Dicken, Threadneedle’s head of european equities, which aims to generate alpha in different market conditions through fundamental and valuation analysis with high conviction long and short positions.