The wealth management firm has hired 12 wealth advisers and strategists, across several US markets including New York, Los Angeles, Florida, Baltimore, and Pennsylvania.
- Daniel Shaughnessy, senior wealth adviser based in Long Island, New York. He joins from BNY Mellon Wealth Management. Previously, he was district sales manager and vice president at HSBC;
- Roberta Ruddy, senior wealth adviser in Los Angeles. Ruddy has over 25 years of experience working with ultra-high net worth families. She will be focusing on expanding the Wilmington Trust Family Wealth division internationally;
- Kathryn Freeman, senior wealth adviser in Florida. Freeman has held management roles at AH Williams & Co, Legg Mason, and Brown & Connery;
- RJ Nicolli, wealth adviser based in central and southern New York. Nicolli served as a senior financial adviser for M&T Bank, as well as wealth management positions at Guardian Life Insurance and Morgan Stanley;
- David Shimshock, senior wealth adviser in northern Pennsylvania. Most recently, he was a client/banking adviser for the wealth management segment at PNC Bank;
- Anthony Viducic, senior wealth adviser in New Jersey. Viducic has more than 20 years experience and joins from UBS Financial Services, where he was a wealth management consultant;
- Alex Waxenberg, wealth adviser in New York Metro. Waxenberg joins Wilmington Trust from Fiduciary Trust Company International;
- Mary Ellen Cologero, senior wealth adviser in Albany/Hudson Valley, New York. Cologero has over 30 years of experience and joins from Berkshire Bank Wealth Management;
- Phil Wintercorn, senior wealth adviser in Florida. Most recently, he was a senior private banking relationship manager at Wells Fargo Private Bank;
- Tom Kelley, wealth strategist in Baltimore. Prior to joining Wilmington Trust, he held various senior tax and wealth planning positions with Bank of America and Brown Advisory;
- Matthew Lee, wealth strategist based in New York. He joins Wilmington Trust from law firm Day Pitney, where he was a trust and estates attorney; and
- Thomas Waters, senior wealth adviser in western New York. Waters has more than two decades of experience working in the institutional asset management industry.
The wealth manager has named Paul Stetz as chief operating officer and member of the executive leadership team.
Prior to joining Fairport, Stetz has held leadership positions with Schwab Advisor Services and Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions.
Most recently, Stetz was a managing director with Mercer Advisors, where he successfully led the firm’s mergers and acquisitions strategy in the central, Great Lakes and northeast regions in the US.
UBS Financial Services
Michele McCallion has joined the firm in New York as a financial adviser and senior portfolio manager.
McCallion will also have an additional office in Greenwich, Connecticut.
She has 30 years of experience and her expertise includes; investment research, portfolio modelling, retirement planning and estate and legacy planning strategies.
Prior to UBS, McCallion was at Merrill Lynch.
The Georgia state-headquartered bank has hired James Greek as a wealth adviser.
He will take over Synovus’ regional private wealth management team.
Greek joins from Kraft Asset Management and, prior to that, he worked for banking group SunTrust for around five years.
DA Davidson & Co
The wealth arm of the Montana-headquartered financial services firm has hired a four-person team to join its office in Roseville, California.
They all previously worked with wealth manager Baird.
The team is led by Carlos Alcaine, senior vice president and financial adviser, and Stephen Halterbeck, vice president and financial adviser.
Also joining are Cheryl Moore and Melissa Reynolds, who will provide support as registered client associates.