Mercer Global Advisors
The wealth management firm has acquired of HawsGoodwin Investment Management, also known as HawsGoodwin Wealth, for an undisclosed sum.
The Franklin, Tennessee-based firm serves 280 clients with assets under management (AuM) of approximately $680m (£491m, €592m).
HawsGoodwin was founded by chief executive Art Haws and president Cam Goodwin in 2008. The entire team at HawsGoodwin entire team will be joining Mercer Advisors.
Also, Mercer Advisors has bought Florida-based Cordasco Financial Network for an undisclosed sum.
CFN serves over 400 clients with AuM of approximately $510m. CFN was founded by chief executive Steve Cordasco in 2011. CFN’s team will be joining Mercer Advisors.
Lastly, Mercer Advisors has bought North Carolina-based Wrenn Financial Strategies for an undisclosed sum.
Wrenn was founded by president Maxie Edward Wrenn Jr and vice president Janice Wrenn. Wrenn’s team will be joining Mercer Advisors.
The wealth manager has hired seven financial advisers who collectively oversee $295m in total client assets.
The hires are:
- Donald Kuhs, of Austin, Texas with $120m in total client assets. Kuhs will offer services as an affiliate of Kingswood Wealth Advisors and Kingswood Capital Partners;
- Paul Lee and Namhee Park, of Fullerton, California, with $82m in total client assets. Lee and Park have joined Kingswood US as affiliates of Kingswood Capital Partners and Kingswood Wealth Advisors;
- Barry Waxler, of San Diego, California, doing business as Universal Financial Consultants, with $35m in total client assets. Waxler has affiliated with Benchmark Investments and Benchmark Advisory Services.
- Anthony Nardi, of Rye Brook, New York, with $30m in total client assets. Nardi has affiliated with Benchmark Investments and Benchmark Advisory Services.
- Cynthia Pulver and John David Jensen, of American Fork, Utah, with $28m in total client assets. Pulver and Jensen joined Kingswood US as affiliates of Kingswood Wealth Advisors and Kingswood Capital Markets.
Opal Wealth Advisors
The registered investment adviser (RIA) firm has appointed Gino Carollo as a financial adviser.
Carollo oversees approximately $230m in total client assets and joins from Citigroup Global Markets.
WSFS Financial Corporation
The parent company of Bryn Mawr Trust Wealth Management has named Brian Taylor as senior vice president, wealth director in Princeton, New Jersey.
He was most recently as senior vice president, wealth adviser at Wells Fargo Private Bank.
Rockefeller Capital Management
The financial services firm has appointed Casey Clark as president and chief investment officer of Rockefeller Asset Management (RAM).
Clark succeeds David Harris, who will become chairman of RAM while continuing as senior portfolio manager with an exclusive focus on investing for clients.
For the past three years, Clark has served under Harris at RAM as global head of ESG investments.
Kovitz Investment Group Partners
The Chicago-based wealth management firm has promoted Bryan Engler, Carolyn Raden, Jesse Stumpf, and Carol Vander Sluis to principals.
It has also promoted:
- Jessica Cunnick to chief people officer;
- Darek Koman to IT Manager;
- Kendall Navin to wealth adviser;
- Aaron Riske to security and systems analyst;
- Deborah Stevenson to senior client service associate and new accounts team lead; and
- Rob Almeida to senior human resources associate.
The financial services firm has named Kevin Ruth as senior vice president of private wealth. Most recently, he served as head of wealth planning and personal trust at Fidelity Investments.
Also, Raymond James has hired financial advisers Steve Gustafson and Eric Gustafson. Along with senior client service associate Rhonda Stibbs, the team operates as Gustafson Wealth Consultants of Raymond James.
The team will continue their work from the firm’s Omaha office, which is managed by Tim Ziola.
Lastly, Jason Scarpellini has also joined the firm. He joins Raymond James from PNC Investments, where he previously managed $115m in client assets.
As part of the move, he will accompany the company’s Louisville east Branch, led by branch manager Richard O Paris II.
RBC Wealth Management
The wealth manager is bolstering its presence in Ohio with the addition of a branch in Toledo and a team to work in the operation.
The TWDS Group joins RBC Wealth Management from Merrill Lynch with approximately $525m in client assets.
The team includes:
- Robert Thompson, senior vice president and branch director;
- David Williams, first vice president and financial adviser;
- Michael Donahue, vice president and financial adviser;
- Debra Sendelbach, branch service manager and senior registered client associate; and
- Rawanne Smili, senior investment associate.