BNY Mellon Wealth Management
The wealth manager has expanded its Miami office with five additions to the team.
- Gina Smurro as senior client strategist – who joins from Citi, where she served as a private banker and advised ultra-high-net-worth clients and their family offices;
- Sebastien Gault as family wealth adviser, who was a senior vice president and portfolio manager at Bank of America Private Bank;
- Tamara Oswald as associate wealth manager, who joins from United Financial Consultants;
- Jessica Diaz as analyst, global insights lab, who was an associate client adviser at Bessemer Trust; and
- Francesca Tabak as analyst, private banking, who recently completed the company’s 2021 summer analyst class programme.
They are all based in Miami and report to Laura Kaplan, market president of Miami.
JP Morgan Wealth Management
Michael Revilla and Manuel Bernárdez have joined the company as wealth advisers in Miami.
They both previously worked for Raymond James.
Financial advisers Paul Manfrey, Greg Bell and Colin Long have joined the firm in St Petersburg, Florida.
Operating as The HarborView Group of Raymond James, the team previously managed more than $325m (£239m, €287m) in client assets as part of Morgan Stanley.
Also making the move to Raymond James is senior registered client service associate Shannon Gonzalez and client service associate Judy Wilson.
Elsewhere, Raymond James has hired financial adviser Chris Hanly in Paramus, New Jersey.
Hanly previously managed $130m in client assets as part of Bruderman Brothers.
The registered investment adviser (RIA) firm has bought Reilly Financial Advisors for an undisclosed sum.
Reilly has a total of over $2bn in assets under management.
With its latest acquisition, Creative Planning now manages over $100bn in assets across all 50 states and 65 countries with continued plans for growth throughout 2022.
The independent wealth management firm has entered into a strategic merger with San Francisco-based tax services company Murray, Stok and Company.
The two firms share clients and have worked together for over a decade.
The partnership helps expand the capabilities of Aspiriant’s tax services group.
Murray Stok’s 17 tax professionals oversee tax services for over 400 clients. These employees will combine with Aspiriant’s team of tax professionals.
Aspiriant serves approximately 1,800 clients and has more than $15bn in assets under management and advisement.
The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The wealth manager has merged with Eva Barberi Financial Planning.
Eva Barberi Financial Planning brings more than 15 years of experience working with women to build financial plans.
The deal will allow RVW to assist women with managing their wealth and planning their financial futures, particularly in unique situations of divorce, widowhood or inheritance.
The financial terms of the merger were not disclosed.