Crawley and London-based EMW has set up a wealth operation to serve private clients.
The law firm said its entrepreneur clients have demanded the launch of the division “to advise them and their families on their personal affairs, which are often interconnected with the business”.
The EMW Wealth team will offer services for:
- Estate planning, tax & trusts, including advice on succession planning for individuals;
- Probate, including contentious probate;
- Powers of attorney and deputyships;
- Family law issues including divorce, financial settlements, pre and post nuptial agreements and family law arbitration; and
- High-value residential conveyancing, including large estates and substantial country homes.
Stephen Smith, principal and head of the EMW Wealth team, said: “It has been enormously exciting to see the continued rise in demand for private client work not only from our existing entrepreneur client base but from new clients, many of whom have significant business assets and wealth both here and abroad, and for us to meet those complex needs.
“Whilst, over the past few years, we have been looking after the private client needs of many of our clients it has now reached the point where we require a significantly larger specialist team. The recruitment into the team as well as the establishment of EMW Wealth, will ensure that we can not only meet those needs but offer further services to our clients.
“Our clients all reach a point where they either require advice as to how to protect their wealth or they consider how they will pass their wealth on to the next generation. As their trusted advisers on their businesses, it is natural that our clients will first look to us for advice on protecting their personal wealth.”