FSCS protects customers of regulated financial services firms. A declaration of default means FSCS is satisfied a firm is unable to pay claims for compensation made against it.
This paves the way for customers of that firm to make a claim.
Alex Kuczynski, chief corporate affairs officer at FSCS, said: “We want anyone who believes they may be owed money as a result of their dealings with any of these firms to get in touch as we may be able to help you.”
The latest names on the list are:
- Argent Personal Finance Managers Limited
- Lifeboat Financial Advisers Limited
- Platinum Independent Advisers Limited (trading as Platinum Independent)
- Alliance Independent Financial Advisers Limited
- Leeds & York Financial Services Limited
- Hillyard Financial Consultants (UK) Limited (trading as Finance International)
- Grosvenor Butterworth (Financial Services) Limited.