The board of South African advice and wealth management firm Alexander Forbes has terminated the services of group chief executive Andrew Darfoor, with immediate effect, citing a loss of confidence and trust.
Non-executive director Marilyn Ramplin will be the interim group chief executive. The board says it is prioritising the search for a replacement and says it is confident that an appointment will be made imminently.
Jackie Boylan has been appointed to the role of head of FundsNetwork at Fidelity International and will take up the role on 1 January 2019.
Boylan joined FundsNetwork in May 2017 as head of Advisory Services. She will replace Pat Shea who will retire at the end of 2018.
Tilney is doubling the size of the discretionary investment management team in its Manchester office with three hires joining from private bank Brown Shipley.
Andrew Ramsden was private client director at Brown Shipley and is a specialist in the management of investment strategies for recipients of personal injury and clinical negligence settlements. He will start in 2019.
Ben Griffiths was client senior manager since 2015. His clients include entrepreneurs and sports professionals and he joins next month.
Danielle Bamber recently joined Tilney as an associate director.
Clyde & Co
Law firm Clyde & Co has appointed two legal directors, Tariq Hameed in Doha and Fara Mohammad in London, to grow its global Islamic finance practice.
Hameed is a banking and derivatives specialist with a focus on Islamic finance and joins from Simmons & Simmons where he was a managing associate.
Mohammad is an Islamic finance specialist, with a focus on transactions relating to Asia-based investments into the UK and Middle East and joins from Foot Anstey where she was director of Islamic Finance.
The Transparency Task Force
The Transparency Task Force, a campaigning community aiming to increase transparency globally in financial services, has announced the make-up of its extensive advisory board. The board comprises:
- David Pitt-Watson, visiting fellow at Cambridge Judge Business School
- David Weeks, co-chair, Association of Member Nominated Trustees
- Gavin Starks, founder of Dgen
- Heather Buchanan, policy director, APPG on Fairer Business Banking
- Henry Tapper, director at First Actuarial and AgeWage; Founder of The Pension PlayPen
- JB Beckett, UK director, Association of Professional Fund Investors
- John Howard, director, Consumer Insights; Chair
- John Rosling, head of Thought, Contexis Index CIC
- Julia Dreblow, founder of SRI Services and Fund EcoMarket
- Lord Jamie Lindsay, chair of the UK Accreditation Service
- Margaret Snowdon OBE, non-executive director at The Pensions Regulator and Phoenix Group; Chair of PASA
- Mathew Simms, director, River and Mercantile Solutions
- Baroness Ros Altmann, former Pensions Minister
- Steve Kenzie, executive director for United Nations Global Compact, UK Network
- Susan Flood, ARK Campaign Group
- Sue Lewis, chair, Financial Services Consumer Panel
- Alistair Kellie, managing partner at Newgate Communications
- David Masters, director at Lansons