Only one-in-six (16%) remains undecided.
Nearly two thirds (62%) of advisers believe that leaving will have either a ‘positive effect’ or ‘no effect’ on the long-term future of the UK, with the remaining 38% expecting Brexit to negatively impact the UK, the survey of 169 advisers found.
In terms of the impact leaving the EU would have on their business, the survey found that over a third (37%) believe it will have no impact.
Over a fifth (22%) say it would have a positive impact, while 17% think it would negatively impact them.
Around a quarter (24%) say they don’t understand enough about it yet to have an opinion.
Client wealth impact
Just over a fifth (21%) of advisers think that leaving the EU will have a short-term impact on their clients’ wealth, with only one-in-10 saying it will have a negative impact in the medium to long-term.
A further fifth (20%) don’t believe that it will impact their clients’ wealth at all.
Leaving the EU will have a positive impact on client wealth in the medium to long-term according to 18% of respondents. However, 2% feel that Britain leaving the EU will have a positive impact on client wealth in the short-term only.
Just under a third (29%) of advisers are unsure what impact the change could have.
Nick Eatock, Intelliflo’s executive chairman said: “With three months to go to the vote it’s clear there are many advisers who are still in the process of weighing up the benefits of staying or going. However, with half of those we polled saying they will vote ‘no’, it looks like the ‘yes’ campaign have got their work cut out over the coming weeks.”